02 June 2013

WEEK 2.2 (6) RECAP

As of today, after 13 (+30)  days of eating 500 calories or less per day, while taking pharmacy-grade sublingual HCG hormone drops, I have lost 22.6 pounds, and 20.75 inches.

ONE MORE WEEK TO GO!

My mood towards diet is still relatively up and down.  Yesterday it was pretty high high high because I went shopping for jeans. I bought my very first pair of 8s at Christmas (I was SUPER EXCITED to be in the single digits, where I hadn't been since junior high), and when I realized that I could literally slide them off now without unbuttoning them I thought I might be due for a new pair - and I doubt I'm going to go down an entire pant size in the remaining week of HCG that I have.

Should I have gone to U-Village to purchase those jeans? Probably not. (It's a relatively expensive shopping center.) But now I can say the size is true - as opposed to if I were shopping at Old Navy or Target or something. Really, I was going and expecting to buy 8s, because even though the 8s I already had were loose, they were Old Navy jeans, and I feel like those definitely run large. BUT NO, YOU GUISE - I'M A LEGIT SIX. Which is crazy. Crazy. I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe. Especially because I still look at my legs and know that are thick in comparison to other people's. They don't feel like they are 6s. BUT WHATEVER.

I spent some time in H&M and then chucked all the stuff I had picked out because the check out line was too long. Then I walked into Lucky Jeans just for laughs, thinking it was worth a try - and a friendly salesperson came up and said "Hi, Can I help you find a pair of jeans today?" to which I replied, "Uh, yeah - actually, you can!" She brought me both 6s and 8s, but the 6s FIT BETTER - because my waist/ass is getting small enough that it's better to be tight on the thighs.  I still have a gap in every pair that I bought, but that's just inevitable.

So I ended up with a nice (the first real, nice pair of jeans I've ever bought - and they weren't actually horrifically expensive) pair of 6s from Lucky Jeans, a pair of 6s from the Gap, and a pair of 2s from Eddie Bauer. (And a pair of 4 jean shorts from EB, too.) DON'T GET OVEREXCITED about the 2/4s - they're the relaxed "boyfriend" cut at EB - their normal jeans fit around a 6/4 but the rise came up too high and had wayyy too much back-gap then. TMI, I know. But anyway. It was an awesome day. And all 3 pairs of jeans are definitely dark enough to be work-appropriate, even in Korea. I also ended up with a couple of super preppy tops from J. Crew that were on sale, also Korea-appropriate.

GAP (6), Eddie Bauer (2), Lucky (6), Eddie Bauer (4)

I think I got a little down this morning because they don't photograph as nice as they look. Or rather, my legs don't photograph as nicely as I want them to look. But when I look at myself in the mirror I'm still, like, "Damn! Lookit choo - working those size 6 jeans!" Also I just slept too long today. I need to get outside and walk or something.

Anyway, overall this week went well - as per usual, I didn't lose as much as I would have liked to (I reeeeally wanted to break 130 this week), but at the same time where I'm at is fucking parallel-universe crazy, so I don't have much room to complain. And I'm in a good enough head space that I think I can make it for one more week without going crazy. I have more important things to worry about this week (GRADUATING) than what I am or am not eating.

STATS:


 

1 comment:

  1. HAH. HAHAHA, HA HA HA HAHAHA:
    "And I'm in a good enough head space that I think I can make it for one more week without going crazy."
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    you're dumb, riley.
    and grad school sucks balls.

    ReplyDelete