22 April 2013

HUNGER GAMES (DAY 1)

So.  On to "Phase 2."

Phase 2 being the Very Low Calorie Diet period of the diet.  Wherein I only get about 500 calories a day, and my body instead eats the fat stored on my body (the HCG prevents me from going into "starvation" mode).

What do I get to eat, you ask?  Well, it's very exciting.

Lunch:
4oz lean protein (beef, veal, chicken, white fish)
large handful of vegetables*

Snack:
Apple*

Dinner:
4oz lean protein (different from lunch protein)
large handful of vegetables*

Snack:
Strawberries*

There are pretty specific lists for what kinds of veggies/fruits I can have for snacks.  But because I am still picky Riley, the list gets even smaller.  The snacks will probably be apples and strawberries forever. The veggies will probably be lettuce (iceberg or romaine) and cucumbers. I may branch out and try roasting some kale eventually.  Who knows, maybe this will help me get over my texture sensitivity and I'll find myself eating all kinds of new vegetables.

Zinger is also skeptical.
Anyway, it is now 11:30am.  I'm relatively hungry at this point.  So far today I've had ~32oz of water, and 14oz of peppermint tea.  PLUS a buttload of Vitamins. NOTE TO SELF: do not eat all your vitamins in the morning from now on.  I forgot how unhappy vitamins on an empty stomach make me.  And by "unhappy" I mean "slightly nauseous."

Supposedly (according to the internet), the first few days of this can be the hardest, depending on whether or not you got enough calories in your "gorge" days to help tide you over until the HCG really kicks in.  I'm also a little worried because I have a looong day today (work + econ class till 9:00pm), so I take my 2nd dose of drops pretty late. (I'm supposed to take two sets of 9 spaced evenly throughout the day.  I took 12 this morning because I knew I wouldn't get back home until super late. Don't know if that will make any difference or not.)

2nd NOTE TO SELF:  Go the FUCK to BED!  
I didn't go to sleep last night until 2:30am, and then I was up again at 7am.  I'm aware this is NOT the best way to help my body do all the weird shit I'm asking it to do.



Captain's Log, Stardate 2013.422
Wakeup: 6:45am (sleep: 4.25 hours)
Lunch (1:00pm)
- chicken, baked w/salt & pepper, cayanne powder
- iceberg lettuce w/lemon & apple cider vinegar
Snack (5:00pm)
- apple
Dinner (9:00pm)
- halibut
- romaine lettuce w/apple cider vinegar
Snack (11:00pm)
- strawberries
Bedtime: 11:30pm
Water count: ~112oz
Tea count:  ~48oz

No comments:

Post a Comment