25 April 2013

SLEEPY HOLLOW (DAY 4)

HCG continues on.  It's very strange to think that I've consumed only around 2000 calories in the last 4 days, and I'm not dying.

Good things:
-- I am not as hungry as I was at the beginning of the week.  Still a bit hungry, but not painfully so.
-- Things are moving in the right direction (you'll just have to wait for Sunday to find out specifics).
-- Figured out I should be holding the drops under my tongue for a lot longer than I was, hopefully that will be helpful.
-- Smoothifying vegetables is a good thing for me.  Then I still get the fiber, but I don't have to crunch it up with my own teeth.
-- I am a champ at drinking water and tea.  (TMI: Seriously, it's like emptying a 32oz waterbottle into the sink every time I go to the bathroom.  It's very satisfying.)

Less good things:
-- I'm still queasy and a little weak-feeling in the morning.  And all morning - not just before I've taken the drops, but all morning until I get food in me for the first time. Doctor thinks this is because of low blood sugar (I think she was under the impression that queasiness was only happening before drops in the morning. I'm waiting to hear back if she thinks I should change my dosage knowing it is both before and after drops).
-- I'm still a bit hungry, although not painfully so.
-- My blood pressure is much higher than normal... Is it caused by less-good-thing-#1? I do not know.  Usually my bp is super low - e.g. 90/60, and today at the little Bartell's machine is was 127/73.  My pulse is its usual normally low self: 52.
-- I hope that vaseline on my lips won't terribly eff this diet up (you have to remove all cosmetics and skin care stuff with oils or fats) - but my lips were literally turning to shredded paper and I couldn't take it any more. Because vaseline doesn't actually absorb into your skin, most people think it's okay.


It's really easy to be a worry-wart on this diet, but I think with the level of risk/weirdness you're asking you body to undertake, that's probably an okay thing.


Captain's Log, Stardate 2013.425
Wakeup: 6:00am (sleep: 7 hours)
Snack (11:15am)
- apple
Lunch (1:45pm)
- halibut
- lettuce'n'vinegar
Dinner (8:00pm)
- beeeeeeeef <3
- cucumber lettuce lemon smoothie (it was really gross)
Snack (9:30pm)
- strawberries
Bedtime: 11:00pm
Water count: 32oz
Tea count: 82oz (i might be overdoing it on the tea...)


In other news, kitter is happy to have me home more often. And so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment