16 May 2013

(DAY 25)

1) Star Trek was awesome.  I have only one complaint, but I won't share it for fear of revealing spoilers.
2) I do not regret last night - I had too good a time to regret anything about that evening.

HOWEVER, I am a little pissed / worried today.  I gave in to temptation last night at the theater and ended up with a small popcorn with "buttery topping" - something about the chemicals they put in that shit to make you want it, plus me being a little extra hormonal 'cause I'm on my period, plus a little emotionally exhausted from the fact that I haven't been losing nearly as much as I'd like to be.... it all just came together.  So I ate that popcorn. And that chocolate bar.  They were delicious.

It was my first (and hopefully only) delineation from the 500-calorie protocol.

It's definitely been getting harder.  Holding on to this diet when you're not seeing awesome results on the scale every morning is really difficult, and I can feel myself starting to rationalize all the reasons it would just be better to stop now instead of sticking it out the whole 40+ days.  I don't like it when my graph line gets flat and further and further away from the linear projection.

It did help that yesterday I really did feel great, pretty much all day.  I had a session with my posture therapist who I hadn't seen in 3 weeks - and that felt amazing.  I think adding to all of this is the fact that I haven't been able to work out, and so haven't gotten any of those happy endorphins that I get from exercise. And considering that even with the popcorn and chocolate, I still woke up to a smaller scale on the number, I think I'm going to add some bike riding back into my life.

Just this afternoon I've felt really hungry - it's probably because I didn't take more drops at lunch, but it still makes me unhappy and grumpy.  Hopefully riding home uphill will cure me of the grumpies.

I just drank some market spice tea, that made me feel a wee bit better.


Captain's Log, stardate 2013.516
Wakeup: (6:00am, 4.5 hours of sleep)
- veal (11:00am)
- kale chips (1:00pm)
- apple (2:30pm)
- eggs (7:15pm)
- strawberries (8:15pm)
- poprcorn & chocolate (10:45pm)
Bedtime (2:00am)
Water: 16+32+32oz
Tea: 16+16+16+16+16oz
(runa, barley, barley, green, market spice)

No comments:

Post a Comment